Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just words

Tonight I’m exhausted, tired, worn out, burned out, drained, fatigued, overexerted, overextended, over fatigued, overtired, petered out, pooped, pooped out, sucked dry, tuckered, and worn down. When I told Sarah that I was too tired to write my blog tonight, she said “Mom, you can’t miss a day! Well, I guess technically you did already miss a day.”

For the record, my blog post “The Accidental Artist” was posted at 11:46pm on January 13th, and I clearly indicated in the blog post that it was Friday’s post being added on Thursday.  I obviously wasn’t smart enough to wait another 14 minutes to post it on Friday but I was so excited to post it that I didn’t consider the time (the artist in me trumped the mathematician!). When the creative juices flow, you have to post immediately, right? So I’m about to go to bed, “blog post-less”, but decide to read through some e-mails when I come across these two e-mails from my Mom so I thought I’d share them with you. Like my blog post….they’re just words!
Speaking of words, do you enjoy playing Scrabble as much as I do?  I'm such an avid fan that I often find myself playing the game on my iPhone when I’m in meetings (dork alert!).  Okay, I think I need to start playing Scrabble with my friends and family.  Anyone interested?
Here's the first e-mail from Mom:  
ANAGRAMS: a word, phrase, or name formed by rearranging the letters of another
Please note that I’m way too tired to verify the accuracy of these anagrams.
PRESBYTERIAN:
When you rearrange the letters:
BEST IN PRAYER

ASTRONOMER:
When you rearrange the letters:
MOON STARER

DESPERATION:
When you rearrange the letters:
A ROPE ENDS IT

THE EYES:
When you rearrange the letters:
THEY SEE

GEORGE BUSH:
When you rearrange the letters:
HE BUGS GORE

THE MORSE CODE:
When you rearrange the letters:
HERE COME DOTS

DORMITORY:
When you rearrange the letters:
DIRTY ROOM

SLOT MACHINES:
When you rearrange the letters:
CASH LOST IN ME

ANIMOSITY:
When you rearrange the letters:
IS NO AMITY

ELECTION RESULTS:
When you rearrange the letters:
LIES - LET'S RECOUNT

SNOOZE ALARMS:
When you rearrange the letters:
ALAS! NO MORE Z 'S

A DECIMAL POINT:
When you rearrange the letters:
I'M A DOT IN PLACE

THE EARTHQUAKES:
When you rearrange the letters:
THAT QUEER SHAKE

ELEVEN PLUS TWO:
When you rearrange the letters:
TWELVE PLUS ONE

MOTHER-IN-LAW:
When you rearrange the letters:
WOMAN HITLER

I definitely wouldn't want to be playing Scrabble against the person who came up with those anagrams!
~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~
Here’s the second e-mail from Mom: 
Words for Women to Live By
1. Aspire to be Barbie - the bitch has everything. 
2. If the shoe fits - buy them in every color. 
3. Take life with a pinch of salt... A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila. 
4. In need of a support group? - Cocktail hour with the girls! 
5. Go on the 30 day diet. (I'm on it and so far I've lost 15 days). 
6. When life gets you down - just put on your big girl panties and deal with it. 
7. Let your greatest fear be that there is no PMS and this is just your personality. 
8. I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok. They know me here. 
9 Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself 
10. Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.
11. When life gives you lemons - buy some Coronas. 
12. Forget about the perfect man - he's living in San Fran with his boyfriend. 
13. Keep your chin up, only the first 40 years of parenthood are the hardest. 
14. If it has tires or testicles it's gonna give you trouble. 
15. By the time a women realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she's wrong. 
16. Good friends are like stars.  You don't always see them, but you know they are always there. 
17.  Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today. 

Now smile and share to any girl wasting time at work, suffering from a hangover, or just suffering from life who might need a reason to smile :)

1 comment:

  1. Tracey is an anagram of (you're gonna love this) -Eat Cry

    ReplyDelete