Sunday, December 4, 2011

Whadda Week!

Sometimes there’s so much I want to share with you on blooging blogging day that I don’t know where to start so I’ve decided to make this week’s blog post about my week, hence the title “whadda week!”.  You’re probably thinking that I’ve probably had a really shitty week with a blog post entitled “whadda week!” but it’s truly been the opposite, and that's why the blog post title isn’t “what a fuckin’ week!” (sorry for the explicit language…should have put a warning at the beginning of the blog post!).  So where do I start?  For simplicity sake, let’s make this a chronological update...

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26 (November…it seems so long ago!)
I went to Farmers’ Market with BFF and Reb.   In case you're wondering, I bought veggie sushi, freshly-baked pretzels and squash.  On the way home from the Farmers’ Market, I decided to surprise BFF and Reb with some Christmas music.  Of course, the first song I played is the best Christmas tune (EVER!) “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” by ‘N Sync then I played some Kenny and Dolly Christmas music for them.  Before I get to the actual story, I'd like to mention that 'lil Reb told me that I shouldn't be listening to Christmas music until at least December 1st.   That "rule" doesn't only include Christmas music but all things related to Christmas such as decorations, President's Choice Candy Cane Chocolate Fudge Crackle ice cream (my favourite ice cream which I won't be eating...sniff, sniff!) and Candy Cane Lane tea.  I reciprocrated with "All Things Christmas are acceptable after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!".  Then I proceeded to play the following Christmas song which now has new lyrics thanks to BFF.   Can you guess what lyrics were added to "I'll be home with bells on"?



So did you guess the lyrics?  Well, let's just say that the song has a new title:  “I’ll be home with Bell’s palsy”.  Nice, eh?  We definitely got a good laugh out of that one!  It was actually really good exercise for my face (and probably created some dangerous driving conditions!).  Now let’s hope the Bell’s palsy is gone by Christmas!!!
After our weekly trip to the Farmers’ Market, I went to visit my parents and my brother.  As usual, we had a lovely visit.  It could have been lovelier if we had played a board game but my wishes are rarely granted.  Just sayin' :)

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27
Spent the first part of my day blogging then I watched “Catch and Release” with Jennifer Garner then I tidied up the house (exciting, I know!).  As I was cleaning the kitchen, I was able to get something working that hasn’t worked in many months.  I won’t tell you about it now because I should probably save the big news for another blog post (it's really big news that deserves its own blog post!).  I’m looking forward to telling you all about my "magic touch” :)

MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28
Work, work, work then play, play, play.  The "play" consists of a guilty pleasure that sadly comes to an end tonight!  I’m so very sad to see “The Sing-Off” coming to an end.  For those of you who live under a rock aren’t familiar with this quality television program, it’s an a cappella competition (no musical instruments...just voices!)  Most importantly to note is that Nick Lachey is the host of the program.  What?  You don’t know who Nick Lachey is?  Oh dear!   Who are you?  You ain't no friend of mine!  Hello...Nick Lachey…lead singer of 98ᵒ!!!   Okay, so tonight, there are only 3 groups left and the final vote was left up to the fans (up until this point, the judges were responsible for eliminating the groups every week).  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that on Saturday night, I spent an hour or so voting online for my favourite group:  Pentatonix!  (I know, I know...get a life!)
Here’s one of my favourite performances by Pentatonix - "Dog Days Are Over" (for those of you who don't watch the videos I post, you might want to check out my favourite part which is around the 1:30 mark):


Since you're now hooked, I guess I'll share another one of their performances with you.   Here's Pentatonix singing "Video Killed the Radio Star": 

Okay, since I might not have another opportunity to blog about them ever again, here's another one of my favourite performances by Pentatonix - "Stuck Like Glue":


Now before we find out who won, the final groups get to perform with each of the judges and the host.  I should mention that the judges are Ben Folds (sexy!), Sara Bareilles (love her!) and Shawn Can’t-Remember-His-Last-Name from Boyz II Men.   Pentatonix performed with Nick Lachey, Urban Method performed with Sara Bareilles, and Dartmouth Aires performed with Ben Folds.  Now part of me feels like a traitor for saying this but the performance by Ben Folds and Dartmouth Aires (Pentatonix's competition!) was one of my favourite performances of the season.  I especially love it when Ben sits next to Sara, and she starts singing along and looking like a complete dork.  Maybe that’s why I love her so much…I’m a fellow dork!  If you just want to see the part where Sara is singing (I love that part!), it's around the 2:40 mark but I urge you to watch the entire video...it's awesome!


Seriously, wasn’t that awesome?  I love how the audience became an important part of the song.   This is now my favourite song.  Who knew I’d be such a fan of Ben Folds and a cappella music?   I’m thrilled to report that Pentatonix won…YAY!!!   I guess all of that voting paid off  :P
I’m also happy to report that my guilty pleasure lives on for another week because Monday night (tomorrow!) is the Christmas special of The Sing-Off.    It’s okay, you can stop reading my blog to go set your PVRs!  :)

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29
Work, work, work! 
I also heard through the grapevine that 'lil Reb had a cup of Candy Cane Lane tea today.  Hmmmm....I wonder what happened to the "All Things Christmas Only In December" rule? 

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 30
Work, work, work then I had a doctor’s appointment for my annual physical exam.  Lucky me!   Do you know how embarrassing it is to get a Pap test when your doctor is super cute?  Regardless, I want to remind all of my female readers how important it is to get your annual Pap test.   Getting a Pap test may have saved my life!   Several years ago, my Pap test results came back as "abnormal" (yes, that's the only thing abnormal about me!) which lead to the discovery of a serious cervical issue.   I was able to get treated then a year later, my Pap test came back normal (and thankfully, every year since!).   The Pap test allows you to catch an issue before it becomes life-threatening so go get Pap-ed!   FYI - January is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month so that would be a good time to schedule your test.  What are you waiting for???

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1
Mom had cataract surgery today.  It’s difficult for me to understand why so many people require cataract surgery these days.   It has become as common as getting a root canal.  Is it due to air pollution?  life style?  genetics?  nutrition?  technology?  Well, I’m going to be doing some research so I can make sure I don’t ever have to get cataract surgery.  Of course, I will share my findings with you in a future blog post!  Thankfully, my mom’s surgery went well and she is now recovering.  

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2
Two very special people in my life celebrate their birthdays today.  My brother, and one of my best friend’s, Chris (BFF's sista!).  Happy birthday!!!
I wasn’t at home today to celebrate with either of them because I’m on a road trip with BFF.  She had to travel for work so I invited myself along on the trip.   Not only did I get to spend over 24 hours alone with BFF on this road trip, I also got to see Sarah for 5 minutes today...YAY!!! 

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3
Sarah’s home!!!  On our way home, BFF and I picked up Sarah.  She’s home for a study break!   The bold and underline were supposed to be subtle reminders for Sarah :)
So BFF did it again!  She managed to change the lyrics to another classic Christmas tune.  Any idea what she could have changed?   Hint:  she changed the word “celebrating” to something that rhymes (ahem!). 


I'll leave it up to you to figure out how she changed the lyrics.  I’m just happy to have an excuse to post the video again :)

TODAY 
I swore in my blog post!  Whadda week :P

1 comment:

  1. RE: Whadda week!......Ah fuhgeddaboudit! :)

    ReplyDelete