Friday, December 31, 2010

YEAR WEEK IN REVIEW

On December 31st, many reflect on the year that has passed and although it sounds enlightening, I’m not sure where or how to start so I have chosen to start with a (vacation) week in review.

So I've been on vacation since December 22nd but I don't really think the 22nd through the 26th should count as vacation time since a) I was sick, b) there was too much to do in preparation for Christmas (shopping, wrapping gifts, shopping for baking ingredients so the girls could participate in our annual Christmas cookie bake-a-thon (I was actually too sick to bake but not too sick to sample) and c) Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day don't really count as vacation days (as enjoyable as those days are spent hanging out with family...I'm a lucky girl!) so basically this week-in-review consists of 5 days (of pure laziness)!

Day 1 - stayed in bed and finished reading a book that was started months ago (Freedom).

Day 2 - watched 6 movies (Bridget Jones's Diary, Love Actually, The Holiday, Last Holiday, Funny Girl and Santa Clause) and started a blog.

Day 3 - watched more movies (Rent, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Serendipity and Santa Clause 2), put away one of my Christmas gifts (iron cast dutch oven) and posted on my blog.

Day 4 - made my bed ( I wondered if I could go an entire week without making my bed - the answer is no), put away another gift (juicer), ordered pizza, watched season 1 of How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM), watched another movie (The Joneses) and started reading a new book (The Confident Creative) - Yay...my most productive day!

Day 5 - only counts as a half day because I'm leaving around 3pm for a New Year's Eve party but I still managed to do almost nothing today - read the October issue of Oprah magazine (I still have November and December issues to read), watched a few episodes from season 2 of HIMYM, and for the first time this week, I got ready to go out in public.

Now the fact that I was able to watch a total of 11 movies and 1+ seasons of HIMYM in 5 days astounds me. Can you imagine what I could have accomplished or how many books I could have read during those waking hours? You have no idea (actually, I have no idea) how many books sit on my bookshelves waiting to be read!  Maybe a resolution for 2011 is in the works...reading more of the books on my shelves!  To conclude this year week in review, I can't help but wonder: how am I able to "waste" so much time doing nothing? Is it really worth taking time off to do nothing? I can proudly say that “YES” it has been worth every moment because I feel relaxed and happy!  The best thing about this year week in review is the reminder that I still have 6 more days of nothingness to go...

P.S. In 2010, I loved and was loved, and right now, that's all that matters to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment