Saturday, January 4, 2020

I’m looking for corny

"I like corny. I'm looking for corny." ~ Iris



Oh what a memorable scene from The Holiday! Remember that one? I know BFF will remember because it’s our fave holiday movie šŸ’œ

Curious to know how Tinder experiment is going? Don't get too excited šŸ˜©

Day 10: January 3, 2020

It’s 5am and yes, I’m swiping. Pathetic!

Tinder activity seems to be slowing down now. Maybe I'm no longer fresh avocado on the app?!?

I have 35 profiles in my Likes tab (men who swiped right on my profile). I had already looked at 16 of them and decided I would likely swipe right on them at some point. Now I’ve decided to dwindle those 16 down to 11 and swipe left on all the new additions in my Likes tab except for 1 so that leaves me with 12 hopefuls. Should I swipe right on any of them now?

Well, I decided to swipe right on 4 so that means 4 new matches. And yes, now I wait šŸ˜–

While I wait, here’s a breakdown of the new right swipes:

  • The American - the cutie with the nice pics I mentioned in Ghosted (broke the rules on this one!)
  • The Bodybuilder - the one who mentioned cats, books and bowling in his profile! I also mentioned him in Ghosted 
  • Local Boy 2.0 - he only has one pic and no write-up so not overly confident (and yes, breaking my rules again!) but he’s 11 kms away so I’m curious
  • Smiley - he looks sweet and fun in his pics and in his write-up. Yes, he has a write-up (oh geez, am I starting to slip with my standards?!?).

I was going to attempt to keep the language "clean" in this post because my dad mentioned that I was swearing a lot in my blog. Sorry Dad, this next statement requires the "F" bomb šŸ¤·šŸ»‍♀️

FUCK! I just realized something. Polish guy no longer appears in my messages. He has disappeared. This means he either unmatched me or he left Tinder. We’ve been chatting every day then poof. GONE. Yes, it stings a little. So I guess I won’t be meeting him anytime soon. Or maybe we’ll have a meet cute in a bookstore one day?!? Goodbye, Polish guy. The chatting was fun while it lasted šŸ˜

Thankfully, Sarah and Cheesy helped me put it all into perspective.

Sarah said "That’s Tinder. It happens to everyone and everyone does it. I’ve been ghosted and I’ve ghosted too."

Oh great, now I’m dealing with family “ghosting” kharma. I’m doomed. šŸ˜³

Cheesy said "It’s an exercise in not taking things personally."

Oh boy, is it ever! Why am I taking this so personal? No one knows me on Tinder. No one knows my character. No one knows my values. No one knows my heart.

Maybe Mother Earth News guy and Polish guy met someone new and really wanted to focus on that person. That’s a good news story! So I’m happy for them. This is a cowardly simple way of letting me know they are not right for me. LET.IT.GO.

Well, this online dating thing is definitely a challenge but I’m committed to moving forward with grace and ease šŸ’“

So remember how I swiped right on Bodybuilder and Local Boy 2.0 this morning? Well they’ve both disappeared from my Matches tab so poof two more gone before it even started. FUDGE! šŸ˜

Enough with Tinder, I need to shift something right now. YOGA!!! šŸ˜Š

Day 11: January 4, 2020

It’s the end of the day.

I haven’t chatted with a Tinder person in what seems like months. And yes, I miss Polish guy. How quickly we get attached! šŸ˜

Strangely, I’m still matched with Mother Earth News guy (why didn’t he unmatch me?!?) and I received a notification that he added a new photo. And he looks so cute in it! There goes my theory that he met someone and fell in love last weekend and that’s why he ghosted me. He’s still on Tinder šŸ˜µ

Tinder activity is definitely slowing down. I’ve maybe had 40 likes over the last 2 days.

I swiped right on 10 of them tonight and the rest went left. And I think I was being generous šŸ˜ž

I can’t say anyone really excites me. So why am I swiping right then?!? šŸ¤·šŸ»‍♀️

Let me look again to see if there’s anyone I could send a message to in my Matches tab.  Yes, I’m rethinking the rules. If I’m interested, I should just send a message, right? If I swiped right but wasn't overly excited, I can wait for him to message me. But if there is someone that seems interesting, my new rule needs to be: JUST DO IT!!!

Back to Tinder...perusing, perusing, perusing...

Oh geez, I’m just realizing I broke my rule again of only swiping right on profiles with a write-up.  I must be getting desperate šŸ˜‚

Just realized I swiped right on a man that’s 8,000 kms away so unmatched him. Make that 9 new matches tonight.

I now have a total of 27 matches in my Matches tab and I'm not chatting with any of them.

The Veg, Mother Earth News and Local Boy 1.0 are still in my Matches.

The other 24 matches have been silent (as have I!).

I can’t remember how many right swipes I’ve made but it’s way more than 27 so there have been many that either unmatched me along the way, disappeared from Tinder since I swiped right or I’ve unmatched them.

I’m feeling really good about a pool of 27 though - it’s a tetration of my lucky number 3! Maybe that's a magical sign šŸ˜»

For all the non-math dorks out there, a tetration is when you raise a number to the power of itself šŸ¤“


That's a lot of threes...looks magical on the page. Yes, I love numbers. Yes, I'm a dork šŸ˜

Okay, back to Tinder. I found one!

Puppies/Kittens guy looks like a cutie and he started his profile with “Do you like puppies and/or kittens? If so, we will get along”. Corny but cute. And I like corny. I'm looking for corny šŸ˜‰

Anyways, I think I’m at the point where I don’t really want to get excited anymore. Kinda takes the fun out of it though because when you swipe right, you want to feel some level of excitement or else why do it?!?

So I’m going to send Puppies/Kittens guy a message. Wish me luck. Yes, I think I’m going to barf and pass out šŸ¤®

Here I go...

UPDATE - January 4, 2020: 

You’ll be happy to know I sent Puppies/Kittens guy a message tonight. YAY ME!!!

And I got a message from The American! Some playful banter. BFF will appreciate this: he started the conversation with “heeeeelllllllloooooo” šŸ˜Š

NOW IT'S TIME FOR BED SO TO BE CONTINUED....

Before I sign off, here’s some great advice from Neale Donald Walsch šŸ’–
Love is not what you want, it is what you are.
It is very important to not get these two confused.
If you think that love is what you want,
you will go searching for it all over the place.
If you think love is what you are, you will go sharing it
all over the place. The second approach
will cause you to find what the searching will never reveal.

Yet you cannot give love in order to get it.
Doing that is as much as saying you do not now have it.
And that statement will, of course, be your reality.
No, you must give love because you have it to give.
In this will you experience your own possession of it.


Book cover from Susan Verde (author) and Peter H. Reynolds (illustrator) 

No comments:

Post a Comment